Holidays + Family = Stress
We all wish that wasn’t true but most of the time the holidays plus family is a recipe for stress. How can we change that? What can we do to make the holidays less stressful and more enjoyable? That’s a question many people face every year.
I’m Nikki Leigh, a Love Coach and the host of Ready for Love Radio. In November 2017, I invited Dr LeslieBeth Wish and Kristy Heart, a Life Coach to join me on my radio show and we discussed these topics and more.
Thursdays 6 pm PT/9 pm ET
Listen on www.newvisionsradio.com
Or TuneIn or Nobex App on Mobile Devices
If you missed either part, the archives are posted below.
Part 1 – Replay
powered by podcast garden
The book – Dysfunctional Family and Holiday Gatherings…
After the show we decided to put our thoughts on paper and to share them in the pages of a book. We also invited several other coaches to join us. We’re also sharing a link to a replay of the show so you can hear everything we have to say on these topics.
Join Dr LeslieBeth Wish, Kristy Heart a Life and Business Coach, Raeeka Yaghmai a Dating and Relationship coach, Susan Ball a Women’s Freedom Coach and Self-Love Activist, Todd Creager a marriage and sex therapist and myself, a Love and Relationship Coach. We will each share our perspectives and our advise on a wide variety of questions about holidays, family, and how to deal with the ensuing stress.
NOW in the Kindle Store –https://www.amazon.com/Dysfunctional-Family-Holiday-Gatherings-Uncomfortable-ebook/dp/B0788KXJDW
For the special offer – http://www.readyforloveradio.com/kindle-special/
Find out more about the Love Accept and Respect Yourself program directly from Nikki –
Questions in Part 1 –
- Do we have to deal with family?
- Managing expectations with family members
- Understand holiday movies are fictional
- Learning to control our emotions during the holidays
- How to play “Holiday Bingo”
- Line up your allies and support system before holiday events
- Tips for single listeners attending family events
- Tips to be emboldened with your family
- The dominatrix mindset – use courage, confidence & charisma
- Tips for step parents for family holiday events
- Prepare step children for family events
Questions in Part 2 –
- How can each of us help recently divorced family members
- How do we handle it when others let their children run wild
- Suggestions for people who feel lonely during the holidays whether they are single or in a relationship
- How do you feel about negative feelings
- The difference between being lonely and being alone
- How do we deal with negative and meddlesome family members
- What should do do when family don’t include our dates or intimate partners in family gatherings
- Is it possible to be relaxed during the holidays
- Why are we treated like children when we are around family
- What about people who are depressed during the holidays